Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Need Your Help

I need some advice in this entry today, let’s say I am faced with a situation where I am offering help at a hospice, and caring for a non-Muslim person during his/her last moments before his/her demise. To ease the environment of pain and sufferings, we are encouraged to hold their hands, and talk to them.

Facing death is something that no one can tell a story about. I know what I should do if the person that I am caring for was a Muslim, however, if I did the same thing to a non-Muslim, meaning softly whispering the ‘kalimah’ in their ears till they draw their last breath, am I doing justice to them or am I being sinful here. After all, we all believe in one God, though we differ in religion name call.

Dr H., if you read this entry can you please help me out. I am confident that I am not doing anything wrong, as all religions tought us to do good, and by whispering the ‘kalimah’ during their last moments I sincerely believe that I am doing some good.

Please help me out…………………

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a nice pic to adorn this posting...I love the cat. Looks like my tired cat :-)

In medicine, we are reminded not to impose our moral and religious value on others. We take patients unconditonal and non-judgmental.

Let me put it his way..let say the one who is passing is us... a muslim...then come a helper and whisper about representative of other or their religion...how's that to our emotion? That may irritates us..and not good considering such a moment.

Unless the passing person has learnt much about Islam and had real understanding...only lacking in the verbal declaration... something like the prophet's uncle..God blessed his soul.

May I know your name? I've read several of your entries, but always forgot to come and check on your response to my comments..today..I saw your entry in the address history and came by...take care.