Thursday, June 10, 2010

Unbreak These Tears



When I was told that my brother was diagnosed by it, I was shocked, but I believe that he is such a proud person, and will survive any trials or tribulation. However, when I was told that you are also being diagnosed with the same, I was very calm, I cried deep inside me, I pray and I pray that this might just be a bad dream, and that when I woke up, I will be told that you had been wrongly diagnosed.

When we talked, I still hear you, the same old you, the same laughter, the same humor, and I am glad that I was able to control the tears from falling down, I am glad that we could talk at length and assure each other that you can overcome this moment of your life.

Eerily, it brought back memories when you shared all your deep dark secrets with me, when we will be burning the phone lines, so that I can be the shoulder that you needed to lean on. I have always been there for you through all those dark moments, where your secrets still remain very safe with me. Do you know that till this day when I hear the song “Un-break My Heart”, I can only hear you sobbing on the other side of the world? I want you to know that I will still be here to hold you tight, and I will still be here when the next tear drops.

Fear not for only the Lord knows what lies beyond the horizon, only the Lord knows why the rainbow appears after the rain, only the Lord knows the word of your heart. Please be at peace with yourself, take every step of the way surely and gradually, fear not if you stumble and fall for the Lord is holding you close to Him.

You are in my prayers every single day, every single day. Un-break that heart of yours Kak and fear no more for the sun is still shinning, and the rain will help cleanse your soul.

No comments: