Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lifestyle Changes



After 3 long months being away from home, today I am back doing my voluntary work with the Cancer Survivors on Lifestyle Changes. It was sad to see that there were lesser volunteers now; however, it was a blessing to see all the survivors again.

There were a couple of new survivors; one in particular had just had an operation approximately 4 months back. She had cancer of the throat, which apparently is very, very rare.

Besides teaching them how to take care of their sensitive skin especially after undergoing chemo and radiation, and doing proper makeup, we also have a speaker from one of the famous hair saloons to give a talk on wigs. It was a very good session, where survivors and volunteers exchanged questions and answers with the speaker.

This will always be my moment of solitude, which I will forever cherish.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

wahh!!!

my mama looks so slim now!!

duckwin said...

Thank you princess