Thursday, August 14, 2008

KTM


Today I went to KTM to get our ticket for the trip on August 27, 2008, in fact it was my second trip there this week. Not only was the parking difficult, but my impression of the station was like an upgraded version of the Chow Kit Road. The view of stalls crowding inside the modern building is sad, so sad that I could only conclude that nothing will change here, not in a million years.

As I approached the ticket counter, I could see taxi drivers squatting around, chatting loudly, laughing uncontrollably, making the place look worse than a low class `Kopitiam’.

People were crowding around the ticket counter, sitting or standing, waiting anxiously for their number to be called. I was lost in the beginning, because there is no sign to where the number machine is, and by the time I discovered its location, those who already know were ahead of me.

One will not be mistaken to think that this is a place of fake flowers and plants display. I lost count of the number of flower arrangements cluttering all over the place, on the floor baskets of flowers, on the counter small baskets of flowers, behind the pillars the plastic plants, and don’t forget all the personal decoration on each work station. It was mind boggling.

If only the people serving at the counter could be half as nice.

No comments: