Friday, August 22, 2008

I Will Walk An Extra Mile

Today, we have a mission to achieve, in fact two missions. Firstly, we are going to listen to some boring talks on mutual fund, and then we are going to seek some mystical advice on my girlfriend’s situation.

However, I was feeling at the top most level of laziness, son dropped by and I requested him to get some nasi lemak for breakfast. The two angels decided to go to his house after that to play the…..oh so famous `guitar hero’, when left alone I started rolling on my super king size bed, and in no time I was deep in sleep.

Woke up at around 1530 hours, took a quick shower and got ready to be picked up by girlfriend. Somehow, from the moment I was in her car, we were driving around like as though there is no tomorrow. In short we were running for time, as we had an appointment at 1800 hours, but first we had to go get some kafir lime. First stop, the Cold Storage, no luck, a quick dash to Tesco (which I distaste), luck was with us, got the kafir lime. Suddenly it began to rain so so heavily, I then had to make another quick stop to drop the house keys to my angels.

We were super late for the 1800 hours appointment because when it rains it pours. Drivers instantly start pushing their cars instead of driving them just because of the rain; it was worse then a snail's pace. What would one do when stuck in this river of frustration? We started talking nonsense, laughing at nothing and everything.

I shall skip the boring mutual fund thing, our friend then took us to this place, how will I described it? It was in a very run down area, located in a very dirty low end flats, rubbish was everywhere, the smell of the drain was unbearable, kids were scattered around like chicks without the mother hen, and it was dark and wet. We had to walk up to the third floor, and when we entered the flat, we were welcomed by the recorded super loud sound of Indian prayers.

The priest started his prayers by burning the incense, I swear after almost an hour of smelling the incense I was high, it is as though I were intoxicated. He walked to every corner of the tiny flat ringing the prayer bells, this ringing went on for like 15 minutes, my ear drums turned mute to any other sound but the continuous buzzing of the bell. Due to the non stop burning of the incense, my eyes were watering too. At that point, I could only ask "what the hell am I doing here?"

I will walk an extra mile for you Girlfriend.

No comments: