Sunday, August 24, 2008

Go Natural

I noticed that my hair is going through a severe spell of dropping; this is very alarming to me. Decided to go for my hair treatment every once a week, I can see some improvement but it was getting too costly, and I have no patience waiting each time for the process to be over.

My last visit to the hair saloon, I came across some interesting reading on hair care, and the usage of natural ingredients. I was determined to give this new information a go, even to go the extra mile using natural ingredients for my face too.

For the hair care, I will need to use some thick coconut milk and kafir lime juice. Finally on Saturday night at approximately 2315 hours, I could not wait any longer to do my own hair treatment. Without any hesitation, I went to the fridge, took a box out without even reading what cream it was. I took a bowl, snipped one end corner of the box and poured half of the content into the bowl. You see, I have this habit of not switching the light on when I am in the kitchen. When I looked at the box before storing the other half in the fridge; to my horror, it was the whip cream that I had opened.

My Chef started screaming at me in between her hilarious laughter, she took out the coconut cream for me and I just let her continue with her laughing, while I get busy with applying the coconut milk to my hair. After forty five minutes, I gave my hair a warm rinse, next step is to take the kafir lime juice, apply same to my hair and scalp, and leave it on for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

After a thorough rinse with warm water, I towel dried my hair followed with the hair dryer. The smell of the hair was wonderful, and my hair looked very silky and shiny. From now on, I will not waste any more money on expensive shampoo, and saloon hair treatment, though I will still need to go there to do the touch up for my hair color.

I can’t remember the name of the magazine that provided me with this invaluable information, but I am gonna stick by this regimen for a long time.

Who needs brand names shampoos when you can count on simple things like the coconut milk and kafir lime juice?

No comments: