Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friends

Many times in my life, I had been the victim of believing that someone can be the sort of friend that you believe them to portray. Once I had a girlfriend, who I considered to be the best friend for life. I gave to this friendship from my heart, helping and leading her to climb the ladder of her life. I only realized that she was just someone riding on me, after 20 long years, due to this fact I am now wary of the word friend.

To me a true friend is someone who is not only an ally, but also a good supporter, a good companion to talk to, and a sympathizer. I have become so blunt now, I can be a friend, but the connotation of friendship is different. Example I can still be there when you need me, but I don’t care about the friendship.
Along the way, I still meet people wanting me to be their confidante, their support system, they trust me with their life stories, but I have since been stone cold. To each of these faces I only see them as plastic, fake, and not real.

I get bored with show offs, I get bored with friends who just talk for the sake of being among the group, and I simply get bored being around friends. I would rather stay in bed the whole day with my computer, then to go out just for a stupid chat, or literally for a cup of coffee. Even my coffee tastes better at home.

I have learned my lesson very well; it is true that your best friend can only be your worst enemy. Friendship can never last forever, and it is only a part of our lives. When I discovered that my then best friend was a traitor, it did not take me long to end the friendship. After having calculated the many aspects deeply, I decided that it is best for me to throw the axe, and kill not only the tree but the roots, so that nothing is left to hold on to. I was HURT, so hurtful, however my life was much happier. It is better not to have a friend, than to be stressed.

I am not perfect; no one is, except the Almighty. I may forgive but not forget; I refuse to. This friendship had once made me like a walking time bomb. Simple remarks irritated the wits of me, and I was not pleasant, but God loves me and with his guidance my anger and hate only amplified to love.

No comments: