Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Life Was Interrupted

Today as I sit alone in my room, my mind is playing the wondering game again. I like to think that I eventually would have found my way to a settled living with the love of my life, planning to travel all over Europe in our old days and when the children are able to take care of themselves. We want to watch the moon together, and laugh at all the obnoxious fat people, and be free.

But that is not the case now, before I was able to keep the manifestation of my dreams alive, the cancer coming knocking at my door. First I thought it was just a nasty joke, the registered letter, the urgent meeting with the doctors, the very words that was spoken to me, yeah…….. it was all a bad bad joke. I would like to go on and be in denial, but that was not the case here, my life was interrupted.

I wish someone would have come out with a manual to a quick fix for my disease. I cannot imagine going through the torturous exercise of chemotherapy and radiation, and changing all my life habits. I am gearing and preparing myself to be really prepared to face all these exercises without being a burden to hubby and my children. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone period.

There are 12 more days to the operation; I am already changing my diet so that my body will be ready for the treatment.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

H, get the pdf, good article:
http://rstb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/366/1561/9.full.pdf

Unknown said...

also interesting as additional weapons
http://chrisbeatcancer.com/

Unknown said...

another interesting one related to the first pdf:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-09-25/five-cent-diabetes-pill-from-1958-may-be-new-cancer-drug