Monday, November 5, 2012

His Will Supersede That

For the first time the word “cancer” sounded so strange to me, like could it be true that this word was being spoken to me. The numbness that I felt was as though I was watching a movie in front of my eyes about someone else that was not me.

It took me a long time to digest that word those very words that have been spoken a million time before. It was amazing how I could remain so calm in the doctor’s room; I wonder what did my doctor saw through those staring eyes of mine. Was it fear, was it shocked, was it not believing, what was it exactly?

There is no positive connection to having cancer. It can ruin a lot of my dreams. I would never have chosen to go down this path. Will cancer changed me? I think I know the answer to that question already, but I am not looking forward to go through all the operations and treatment, that are waiting for me in my time forward. Life is unpredictable, and I do realized that we don’t always get to choose our paths.

Cancer robs me of my moment in life, it rudely rooted me from my “gangnam style” of living, and it obfuscates it. Cancer ripped away many expectations of my life. Yet, as weird as it may sound I was not bitter at all neither was I feeling miserable. I accepted that news, accepted that this is my destiny, accepted that the Almighty have more plans for me ahead, and as much as I am planning, His will supersede that.

No comments: