Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Am Not Making Excuses But I Am Tired Of All The Excuses……………


There were so many times when I heard people saying things like “I never regret anything in this life”, and yes, I too have often use that saying. However, in actual fact and looking back at my life journey; I can clearly and honestly say that “there are a lot of things that I have regretted in this life of mine”.

I too now don’t believe that everything that I have been through in this life has made me what I am today. Lucks, prayers, places and people in one way or the other had played an important factor in making me what I am today, for better or for worse. Let me come back to the onus on having some regrets about the past, or present and possibly in the near future, can never be a bad thing to me.

Regrets can be looked at from several angles, from the positive, the negative and in total. Why we are shy to admit that there are certain things in this life that we would not want to go back to, or if given the opportunity would like to null and void that chapter totally. I have many that I can list down, but then again it is none of anybody’s business. It is mine and mine alone.

Life is full of choices so every time you make a choice, you are entering a different path altogether. Your mind can be telling you something but your reaction and the fact that there is a bigger power controlling the factors that’s in your mind could then take you down yet to an avenue that was not in the first place thought of. I hope I am making sense, in explaining this point.

For example one day, it just came to my mind to study the Al-Quran again, but the path that I took towards that direction open more doors that I need to knock on and make me realized how naïve I have been in my life all these while. I find it so fascinating to think of those choices and what my life might be like should I have taken some different choices in the past.

I often find myself when I am alone with this question “What If…….” There were no answers that could have made my life any way different from the actions that have been put to me by the facts of “no freewill” in my life.

I am not making excuses but I am tired of all the excuses…………….

No comments: