Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ear-Worms

Have you heard of the word “ear-worms”? I am pretty sure that many of my readers know the meaning of that word, however, to those who may not be familiar “ear-worms” are - that annoying phenomenon when a song or jingle refused to leave your brain of consciousness and keeps on playing over and over and over again.

First you will start to sing or hum along, then you try to shake it off, but these “ear-worms” could stay for so long that they will become so annoying and you just want to scream. In my case, when I am stuck with any kind of “ear-worms” it can be for days, and sometime I found myself singing out loud even in public (good thing the people here are not judgmental), else they will think that I am losing it.

Then finally after infesting your consciousness for so long, and finding the difficulty to turn it off, the song or the jingle will become something that you don’t even want to listen to anymore. In other word you just hate the sound of it totally.

Currently the song that’s being my “ear-worms” is “Call me maybe”. Hope the infestation will stop soon cuz my singing and humming is annoying both hubby and my little angel.

No comments: