Wednesday, December 7, 2011

es ist meine Bubur som som

CD: what are you doing?

Me: I am trying to make bubur som som

CD: what is that?

Me: it is a kind of desert, your grandma loves making this during the Ramadan month

CD: but your hand is pain, and it is so much effort to keep on stirring the mixture

Me: well, I am using my left hand, and its ok, I don’t know why but I just want to eat this desert, and I hope it will turn out right, though it is still a bit lumpy now

CD: I will go Google and see what bubur som som is all about

CD: the picture I saw on Google showed that its lumpy

Me: no, your grandma will not want her bubur som som lumpy, it’s ok; I will keep on stirring till I get it right

Anyways, I got the desert done right and not lumpy and yes, we finished everything in one serving. How can something so simple, be so tasty, and yet take so much effort to do?

No comments: