Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mario, You Stressed Me To My Bones

I cannot remember how many times Mario drove me to and from IKEA and OBI, honestly I lost count. It stressed me out each time he told me that he had bought something wrong, be it from the cabinet itself or the screws for the wall. Each time I will just tell him no problem, but today I was drained, totally stressed, that suddenly I had a severe attack of headache that was totally unbearable.

May be Mario thought that I am oblivious to anything that has to do with what he is currently doing, but I was just being diplomatic, so that he will finish his job the way I wanted it in the most timely manner. Having said that Mario has obviously extended his invitation by far.

What I wanted to pen down today, was the incident at IKEA, we had a trolley full of unpacked kitchen cabinets as well as those that had already been assembled to be returned and exchanged. This is because the measurement was wrong. I told Mario that we will go and return the stuff first, before proceeding to get the correct one.

However, Mario insisted that we go get the new stuff, since we both do not have a common language of speech, what little I can understand, I just let him lead. Once done, at the cashier I enquired on the return of goods so that I do not have to pocket anymore money. I was not surprised when told that I will have to pay for the new stuff, as normally the returned stuff have to be done first for refund of vouchers.

Too tired to try and make Mario understand his stupidity, I just paid, and put on my long face. He was quite after that, and I hope this will be another lesson learnt for Mario.

Guess what? After fixing some of the cabinets, Mario still got some stuff wrong and yeah he has to go and change that. Well, he can jolly well do it on his own; I am so not going with him again.

Mario, you stressed me to my bones.

No comments: