Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dalila Has Passed

I got to know Dalila through her blog named Raden one lonely winter afternoon. Don’t really remember how I stumbled on her blog more than 3 years ago, but immediately it had such an impact on me. Since then I have never stopped visiting her blog and getting to know her.

We had the opportunity to exchange some emails when my own brother was diagnosed with cancer, and I had requested from her some supplications to ease my brother of his agony. She gave what was asked from her heart no question asked.

I rejoiced in her achievement of a book published, proud when she constantly hold fort in many invitational talks from schools to colleges to universities. She lived her life to the fullest. She let all her blog readers walk with her, encouraging them to hold her hands, and never to forget her. She fought to the end tirelessly, but cancer got the better of her. Dalila left us a real fighter.

In her last entry she wrote “Let's hope this is not the final entry. Should it be, I hope it becomes an avenue that people seek for some good guidance, InsyaAllah.God bless you all.” Indeed your blog will be an avenue that many will seek for some guidance.

Rest in peace Dalila, Al Fatiha.

No comments: