Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Parents Teachers Meet

It was parents teachers meeting again, actually I don’t feel like attending the meeting this time around, as the last one that I attended was not so pleasant to say the least. However, due to some issues that my little angel had brought to my attention, I decided to make it a point to be present.

There were only 4 subjects that I need some clarification from the teachers concerned, namely German, French, Math and English. From some exchange of information with some other parents, I would deduce that a couple of the teachers mentioned were prejudice against Asians. Therefore, I am available for this meeting to make sure that my assumption was justifiable.

First meeting was with the German teacher, who apparently is also the French teacher. This lady is very nice, she had only positive things to say about my little angel, and I was very happy about that. Nevertheless, that was the least of my concern, but justice. My little angel had mostly 7 (the full marks) scores in both the languages, still she was given a 6 in her report card, and she was devastated about this. Without wasting too much time, beating around the bush, I just asked the teacher if she has any issues with my little angel, and why was she not given a 7.

I don’t know what she was saying apparently, I was just watching her, analyzing her, and trying to weigh the truth against the reality. Anyways, to cut the story short, my little angel was finally given what she deserves……………….. he he he, la la la ……………….a 7.

Next stop was the math teacher, the reason I wanted to meet with him was because I am of the opinion that my little angel deserves to be put in a higher grade class. This is because she has been charting good scores in most of her assessments and exams. Same story, teacher was very impressed with her performance and behavior. ‘Alright, I am here not to hear you praising my daughter, tell me what I want to hear’. Believe it or not, yeah ………………………. She will be moved to a higher grade class next semester (me, smiling from ear to ear).

Final meeting was with her English teacher. This woman seems to have issues with most of the parents, not eliminating me and hubby too. Blah blah blah she went on and on. I just sit there and looked her straight in the eyes; really I can’t be bothered with what she was babbling about, I only want to hear what I came to meet her for, and that was my little angel will have a better score in her report card.

Mission accomplished. It is worth the meeting. Teachers should realized that a quiet student does not mean that he has no opinion, and best of all no concerned parents.

I AM A CONCERNED PARENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: