Monday, March 8, 2010

Down But Not Out

The nose is blocked, the throat is hurting, the palate is sore, the ears are ringing, the eyes are watery, the head is spinning, the body is indolent, and the fever is inconsistent. Thank you Chef Diva for the virus and the weather is not helping at all.

All three of us are nearly down and out with the same symptoms except for hubby (his immune system is just fantastic), my magic pills do not seem to have any more magical power on me. I am like a hermit, one minute hidden deep under my blanket and the next minute wanting the heater off totally.

I have to trash the sharp cold wind again this evening, as I need to send both my little angel and Chef Diva to the La Roux concert. It is not that they cannot find the place on their own, but it is just me, I want to be sure that they arrive safely, so therefore, call it whatever I still can’t let go.

As much as I wish not to walk out of the house at all in this unpredictable weather, I will not be at peace if I do not send them off this evening, so I will wrap myself in a sleeping bag and hop around like a ‘pucong’ (can you imagine the sight of me) as long as I am with them.

I am their mother after all.

No comments: