Monday, May 6, 2013

Reflection Of My Own Mortality

After nearly 6 years living here, I finally found a voluntary group that I am happy to be involved with. I am not sure if the word voluntary could be associated with the ladies group from the mosque. But that does not really matter, what is important is what they are actively involved in doing.

Last Monday, one of the ladies lost her husband who succumbed to a year of liver cancer. Immediately after the funeral we, the ladies got together and organized a visit to her home to pay our condolence. Since, she has no close relatives with her here, we all decided to cook some food for her and her two very young boys, and we also got some supplies of groceries to help her out. We spent quality times with her and the boys and it was a moment to reflect on my own mortality.

Every day a new lesson learned for me, but I am so happy to be around to bring some cheers to a sad home.
 The ladies group in concentration
 Giving quality time to the two boys were two sons of one of the ladies
 Aisha (the young widow in black) and the two young boys
 Mahmud is the most well behave 5 years old that I have ever come across.  Love him to bits.

No comments: