Thursday, May 9, 2013

Heaven On Earth

Recently, I was with a group of ladies, they were busy engaging in a topic that I was not at all interested in. However, because I was part of the group, I cannot help it but to continue standing there and listen to the ongoing exchange of ideas in their conversation.

It was amazing how these people were so proud to talk about their life in this country, how happy their kids are here, how their kids will not be able to blend in with the lifestyle of their original country, how their kids are not even speaking the mother tongue of the original country anymore and the blah and the blah and the blah.

As much as I was pissed but I did not say a word to them, this is their world and their opinion; therefore, I shall leave them alone in their dream world. But I do also understand them because where they come from may be no one would like to live a life there, and living in Europe now must be heaven on earth for them. I could only wish them well.

Nevertheless, during and after the recent election that was held in ‘Boleh’ land, and seeing the racism sentiment that the government is playing now, I would not be surprised if I too would have a change of mind about going back to live there, and if there is any possibility I would also want all my kids to leave that country and not be involved in that kind of mentality. It is sad, very sad indeed, watching a nation that is the 3rd largest in economic strength in the region becoming a nation of super corruption.

May we all see the light one fine day…………… may be it will not be during my time, but hoping my kids will have a better future there.

No comments: