Saturday, January 5, 2013

Who Can I Turn To For Help?

When they told me that I got cancer, I thought it was a nasty joke, but then they explained to me all the evidences from the pathology report and I was convinced. I signed all the papers to have a major operation done as soon as possible. I was feeling a lot of despair while in the hospital, the morning after the operation was a real nightmare to me.

I was discharged after 6 days in the hospital, and my sister came to visit, and for two weeks I put my cancer aside. We had a lot of laughs, joking and talking about good things, we played in the snow, we dance in the rain, we went to the mosque, we mingled with nice people, and I forgot the cancer in me. When the pain came back every now and then, I pushed them aside, I was enjoying my sister, I was enjoying a family member, I was just having a good time. In other words I was trying to put the truth far behind me.

Now sitting here alone, with the gloomy weather outside my windows, and pile of unpaid medical bills in front of me, I can’t help but let the tears flow freely. Cancer is not only bothering my physical being, it is also eating away at financial situation. They said cancer is a bitch, I never believed that, I always thought that cancer is just a disease, and yeah, like many others I never thought that it will come knocking on my own front door.

Each time I got a medical bill, I tried to hide it away, put it down most in my filling tray, with the hope that it will just evaporate and disappear and that I will have nothing to worry about. However, when I remember that the next appointment will be in a weeks’ time, I know I cannot ignore the unpaid medical bills, I have to make payment before I will be allowed to carry on with the next treatment.

But where will I get the money now, who can I turn to for help? Or do I put my treatment on hold until I can pay up all the medical bills? Lord, I hope you are hearing me, I need your help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

H, so much for being a developed country, many in US that don't have insurance do not get access to chemo; fortunately or unfortunately they turned into cancer warriors that healed their cancer naturally, one of them is
https://www.facebook.com/jane.vanbenthusen/info

cut paste the about:
Married to Loran for almost 23 years and unschooling mom to two sons, Zach, 22 and Jace, 20. After my cervical cancer diagnosis in Feb of 2008 I took my charge of my own health and changed my ways. I healed my inoperable cervical cancer through a high raw vegan diet, periods of fasting, balancing my PH, improving my emotional health and detoxing not using surgery, chemo and radiation. It's so amazing that our higher power has provided everything we need! I am happier and healthier than I have ever been. I didn't even realize how good I could feel. I'm a cancer thriver! It changed my life for the better!