Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Good Guest Bad Guest

Nail clippings left on my couch

It has been a really long time since I posted any new entry; this is because so many things were keeping me busy and occupied. Over the last two months I had experienced incidents, instances, moments, people and many more, more than I had in my whole entire life. I can only thank the Lord for all the experiences and happenings.

For now, I will put down one of the lessons that I learned about having house guests this year. I love having people visiting me and staying with me, as I know the hotels here are super expensive plus they will have to pay for the food too, as well as the transportation cost, so by welcoming them to my house, it will ease the burden of their vacation a little bit at least.

However, I noticed that many guests tend to take the hospitality extended for granted. It is sad when I have to be on my toes always to pick up after them, to clean up after them, etc etc. Many people don’t realize that it is nice to stay FOC for the most three days, and after which they should start offering to share the cost of the groceries at least.

I have certain house rules that my little unit is familiar with but having to remind my guests over and over again that this is the unwritten house rules can be particularly difficult. I don’t like to be rude or to be seen as the bad host, but some guests do drive me nuts. I had planned to type and paste all these house rules in the appropriate places, especially the toilet, but that will make my house look like a hotel.

When someone tell me that they would like to come and stay, I just could not say no, or “Sure, we would love to have you over but we will only be available at this time” rather I would go into their schedule and put mine on hold to be a host to them.

Anyways, please don’t get me wrong I love having guests in my house but some guests are super annoying and yeah, they are never welcome back as my guest.

Oh Lord, now I have another guest in the house, please give me the patience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yang dia orang bengong tak sedar you sakit tu ape ke hal; ish..ish..patut dia orang look after u...dok geram nanti immune system pun tertekan..