Friday, January 18, 2013

We Cool Ok..............

A couple of days ago I experienced a very candid episode, it was said to my face so innocently and in such a way that it was never offensive at all, that I could look back and keep on laughing at the humor of it all.

My cousin whom I have not met for more than four years came for dinner; I was so excited with the visit, as I have always liked her. She is just different and straight forward and no nonsense, yet humorous and funny. There was nothing special on the dining table, just steam chicken rice and cheesecake for dessert. However, it was not the dinner that counts, but her company.

The next day she invited us out for dinner, hubby could not make it, so it was just me, my little angel and her. As usual, over dinner we were talking and laughing from one subject to the other; then we came to the subject about my appearance. She asked me why am I not using makeup any more, and why am I not coloring my hair and leaving what’s left all getting grey. Then, she went ……..”oh, oh, don’t get me wrong you are still looking good, but I always remember you as someone so stylish.”. I found this so funny, and I am still laughing as I am typing this entry. My answer to her was very simple, “but this is what my hubby wants of me, he does not like me with makeup (though that was the me he fell in love with), he does not want me to color my hair (though that was the me he fell in love with).

To me I guess I have reached a new level of surrender and acceptance. I think I am more contented with life, I am not taking things for granted though, but I don’t see the need for me to be dolled up and I personally love the grey in my hair. And honestly, I don’t feel threatened or offended by anyone who would asked me the same question. No big deal really, I am confident in my own skin. He he he……………. Dear cousin if you happen to stumbled on my entry………. Please know……… we cool ok “smile”.

Some people may think that as I am focusing my life to being a fulltime housewife, I am actually neglecting myself. Nahhhhh………… not at all, I could be guilty of neglecting some areas of my health, but I have forgiven myself, and am dealing with the reality of the negligence now.

The past is over; I wish not to go back to that path of my life. Some consequences of the past are unavoidable and I know I can deal with that, but for now I feel peace and yes happy…………. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: