Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011

Let me write this down now before I totally cannot recall what I did on the last day of 2010. There was nothing much to shout about, but I still want to pen it down as my memory span can be a bit f-----d up at times.

For the last few days hubby had his alarm set to 0630 hours instead of the usual 0700 hours, his reason being so that he could be at work early and be home early for me too, ah…………… well I might just agree though when you put the calculation together it just came to the same answers.

Anyways, I was home alone till around midday when he gaily walked in and announced that he is taking me out for a very late lunch. I was eager to eat mainly because I was really hungry and also I wanted to go and smell the remaining of the sales.

Lunch was fantastic, we eat till we could barely breathe, after that we walked happily daring each other to walk on the frozen water in the lake, and finally making it to the shopping mall just to discover that all the shops were closed. They were operating half day in anticipation of ushering in the New Year. From the windows I could see all the sale signs waving to me……………*dejected*, we left.

Hubby suggested that we could go for the countdown later but I was not interested at all, so we decided to go and pick up some groceries before heading home.

While waiting for the new year to arrive, we watched a couple of TV series, played scrabble and hubby made some open mini sandwiches for us to munch in bed together. At one point of time I decided to start changing channels on the TV hoping to catch a live coverage of the countdown. Well that was never meant to be and has never been for all the years that we have been here. I thought maybe, just maybe that a possibility of change could happen………… tough luck.

Believe it or not 10 minutes before 12 midnight, I turned to hubby and told him please give me my foot massage as I want to sleep and could not hold it up any more. He was begging me to stay up just long enough so that he could wish me happy New Year. Honestly, it was a no go for me, when my eyes say sleep, no stopping.

I ushered in 2011 in my slumber while hubby sang the auld lang syne alone………………. He he he sorry darling, but thank you for the wonderful sandwiches!!!!!!

No comments: