Monday, August 10, 2009

Euphoria of Death

Euphoria of death, arr……………… what a description, yes indeed this was what was engrossed in my mind yesterday, as I prepared the pack for our outing. It is weird but yet something surreal only I can share with me, and only myself will understand.

I thought it was kind of exciting to think of going to the place that you have never been before, no one knows what was there to expect, except for the things that were told to us by the living, and the referral from some religious scholars. The dead has never returned to tell a story, or to pen down a novel, yet everyone talks about the fear of dying…………………… why?

Suddenly I felt the fluttering of a million butterflies in my stomach, the twitching of my heart, the lump of excitement in my throat and the well of unfailing tears in my eyes. Alone, I thought death should be welcomed the way one was welcomed at birth, with celebration and not sadness. At least that’s how I would want my demise to be. No one should be sad at all, for I am the one who will be living all the sadness of my life here on earth, where in the first place I have never ever asked to be born.

I figure going to the arms of your creator would be such essence of peace that could not be described. The serenity of being answerable only to Him and no one else, being His servant and no one else, being just you in His eyes and no one else, bring the feelings of acceptance to me.

Knock, knock, knock …………… I am knocking on heaven’s door (smile).

No comments: