Thursday, February 13, 2014

Those Beautiful Shades of A Mosaic Lamp

Beautiful mosaic glass lamps have been one of my favorite things.  I saw some nice collection here at the Christmas market last December, but they were ridiculously priced.  I had the opportunity to visit one of the shops that supplied genuine mosaic glasses from Anatolia, Turkey.  One of the owner's wife was from 'Boleh' land, and we got talking and there were so many things that I learned about in the making of these beautiful lamps.

The lamps were put together with a collection or a combination of fine cut glass pieces of assorted colors, which was then carefully and intricately pieced together to produce these special lamps. The shades are connected or strung together to produce the stylish lamps below.  Did I get any?............ hemm, yes I could only afford a small one that used candle to lit instead of those ceiling dangling lamps, someday, may be.
 
 
  
 
 

No comments: