Monday, February 3, 2014

I Don't Have That In My Hands

As my health gets the better of me, I keep thinking of what I had done as a parent, in fact as a single parent raising four beautiful kids, of whom I love unconditionally. I realized that I had done everything that I know.

Checking on my check list:
Communication: yes, I have communicated with them.
Kindness: yes, I have been very kind to them.
Merciful: yes, I have been very merciful to them.
Education: yes, I have given them the best of education that I could afford and that they could take.

I have always been sincere in my supplication to Almighty Allah to protect them, to keep them in His tender loving care always, to make them the best of His ‘ummah’, to guide them, to feed them, to clothe them and to bestow to them the best of place on earth and in heaven. In other words, even though I have fallen over hurdles as a good parent many times, I got up and keep on trying, and trying. When they are already adults that do not guarantee me that they will commit themselves to my guidance, nor does that guarantee that they will love me as much I do them, and nor will that guarantee that they will not forget me. I don’t have that in my hands as parents.

Guidance is in the hands of the Almighty Allah.

No comments: