Friday, February 21, 2014

Love Came In The Form Of A Wonderful Husband

Sitting alone on my bed and looking back, I ask myself, “What have I learned?” and “how do I go forward?” If everything happens for a reason, there must be some reason why I was diagnosed with cancer.

It took a couple of minutes to answer that question. I think I got cancer is because now it is time for me to be loved and to be taken care off. Well, may be, hemmmm……….. I think I’m certain that that’s the very reason why I have cancer.

I have love and taken care of so many people in my life, I gave unconditionally, love unconditionally and along the way forgot to take good care of myself. I wanted to believe that love conquers all, but I know that that was just cliché. No amount of love I have for anyone in my life will shines through.

However, loves do come in abundance in unexpected places. Friends here are just amazing, the amount of caring that they had given to me, the amount of prayers that they did for me, not mentioning the phone calls, the crying together and much more. Most importantly, love came in the form of a wonderful husband.

My husband chose to stand by my side the whole time despite all my bad moments and tantrums. He gave me everything that I wanted and more, he will wait with me for my doctor’s appointment, stay by my bedside in the hospital while I went deep into sleep high on morphine. He will feed me patiently. All in all he gave tirelessly. Indeed I learned that love plays an important role in my living with cancer, how do I go forward?

I don’t know but for now I need my rest again.

No comments: