Monday, August 6, 2012

Tall, Dark And.......... Yes, Very Handsome

First attempt failed
 Second attempt, assumed done deal but failed too
 Third attempt............... success, alhamdulillah 
Yes, that's him.......... tall, dark and handsome

Today is the third infusion day for me. Arrived at the hospital earlier than my appointment time, after registration I went straight to the infusion room.

There were only two patients waiting in the room. The nurse came to prep me and then I waited for another 7 to 10 minutes before this tall, dark and handsome with wavy curly hair that made him look more sexy than just the ordinary tall, dark and handsome doctor walked into the infusion room.

There was no sign of Dr Oxsana, therefore, I assumed that she like many other doctors here must be on summer vacation. The name of the tall, dark and handsome doctor was Dr Lobo. He came to me with the normal salutation, and went straight with his first attempt to puncture my vein, failed; then the second attempt, he assumed that it was a done deal, when I noticed that the drip was not running and my hand was hurting too much. Therefore, second vein puncture, failed too.

Diplomatically I told him, the second puncture was hurting me too much; please try at the back of my hand instead. At this point I could only imagine my daughter taking the same task and failed and the patient was screaming at her. With that imagination in my head, I talked to Dr Lobo nicely and cheer him on to a successful third vein puncture.

Three down, two more to go……………. Can I have Dr Oxsana back please?

No comments: