Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kitchen-In-Charge

A day before my last operation, I was asked to take care of the kitchen during the 'silat' performance here. It was a good thing for me to get out of the house and be among these people.  However, little did I know that the performance was to be housed in an underground pub that was filthy with the stench of smoke.  It was almost suffocating for me, hubby had to leave the place and go out for fresh air a couple of times.  That aside the performance was good, the crowd was good too (not great) but I had a good time doing some charitable thing.   Alhamdulilllah.  Oh, oh my little angel was one of the girls carrying the 'bunga paha'.  As usual she was adorable (in a borrowed 'kebaya') but I don't have a picture of that to share here. 
 'Seri muka' by your truly.
 'Pulut kuning' by Dear Jah and the beef 'rendang' was donated by my family here
 'Pesembor' by the 'silat' lady who is currently doing her masters at one of the local hospital here
 Condiments for the 'nasi lemak'
 Chicken curry for the 'nasi lemak'
 The food on sale area
 Ambassador next to my hubby haggering price with me :)

Yes, yours truly busy at her station

No comments: