Monday, December 17, 2012

There Will Always Be A First Time

There will always be a first time in your life no matter how old or young you are. The experience can only make you a better person. At my age now, living away from home and my kids, there were many first time that come and go for me for almost 6 years here. However, my first time experience on November 27, 2012 will stay with me till the end of my days.

A good friend demised in a land where the religion is not our common religion. I was devastated; I had promised her that I will do everything possible to give her the kind of funeral that she wanted. It was a task that I took pride in and realized that no matter how many times it was written that we will have and be respected with our own religious rights, help was very minimal from either the hospital and authorities itself.

Anyways, what I wanted to put in this entry today is that when I was in my homeland I do take for granted that when you passed there will always be people to take care of your body, therefore, you need not worry or you need not have to learn and pay attention to what should be done when the time actually comes.

Well, this time it was different, a promised has been made, and it should be made good. Though I had just been discharged from the hospital following a major surgery, I tip toed slowly to give a dear friend what she wanted for her last rights. I represent the family to shower and shroud her body. There was no time for a second thought, no time to ponder, I have to do what I am required to do and I could not be more proud of myself.

I never think that I could carry on this duty but here I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read and feeling bits of it..keep strong.