Friday, December 14, 2012

If Only They Have Phones In Heaven


 
 
Do they have phones in heaven or can they have phone in heaven? What would that be like? Are we the living gonna be happier knowing that we can still be in communication with those in heaven, or will it make it more difficult for us, for we still could not see each other physically?

I wish heaven had a phone so that I could hear your voice again, so that I would know exactly what you wanted to tell me when I failed to call you in your last moment. Friends and family told me that I should just let it go, that I should not ponder on that time when I should have called you yet I was putting the call on hold for another day, but that day never came. I am sorry, so sorry.

During the last few months before your demised, we would talked for a long time about a whole many things and a whole lot of nothing too. We would laugh, we would cry, not forgetting the words of encouragement for each other and the routine would repeat itself. The phones were our form of communication, and now that phones do not hold the same function anymore.

If only they have phones in heaven, I would be calling to ask you for the contact number to order the “kicap” that you had ordered for me as my welcome home gift after the operation, and I would have told you that it is alright to go for heaven are waiting for you my dear friend.

Goodbye Sari……………. Till we meet again, if only they have phones in heaven!!!!

No comments: