Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Have Made My Living Worth

Once I asked Chef Diva, ‘are you afraid of death?’ she responded ‘yes’ and I asked further ‘but why?’ she said, ‘it got to be cold down there’.

Life had taught me many things, I am more at peace with myself than I was years ago, though I am still a worrisome wife, mother and grandma, but I learned to accept what comes my way without questioning anything anymore. I just want to live happily and welcome my demise as and when it comes calling.

The third grueling day at the hospital where more blood sampling was taken, till I bruised on both arms and the back of my hands, surprisingly does not sadden me at all. The results will be emailed to me in due course, and further action will be advised too. I left the hospital trusting that the doctors and staff there know what they were doing, and I am sure I was in good hands.

After more than 15 hours of very bumpy flying time, I arrived home only to realize that I am missing my precious grandson more than I could envisage. But I thank the Lord for the opportunity to be with him in between my times of appointment.

If I should leave this world tomorrow I know my eyes will be closed peacefully for I have had the time of my life. To my hubby, all my children and my only grandson, this message is for you:

Dear Husband, Son, Daughters and Grandson

I love you my only family that I have and when I have passed, I want you to know that I am taking a piece of you all with me. This is because I cannot bear to be without you, even at my last moment. All I ask of you please love one another for my sake. Please remember that in your toughest of times do not hesitate to be there for each other. I want you to also know that you will see me in each of your faces, and you will hear me in each of your voices. For you I have lived and you all have made my living worth.

Love forever – Your Ducklin, Mama and Tokma
xoxo

No comments: