Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I'm Made Of Steel

Eight years, a long eight years
The thought of returning to this land
Never really enticed me

But Allah knows best

With my new cancer I have to return
I caught the bait of strong promises
All I want is to get better
With the least of financial involved
Seeing my parents and grandkids is a bonus

Here I am, the treatment so far so good
I'm glad the bill was not as mountain high
I got to have my parents for a moment
Alhamdulillah, for Allah always know best

My grandkids are keeping my days bright
I look forward to seeing them every day
They are the new dimension of hope
The innocent never lies

Eight years, I came back to worst siblings
I should have expected this
But time does change people for the better
Only not with this family

Am I sad, no
But demotivated, yes
I have to be made of steel to stand alone
Allah knows best.

No comments: