Saturday, August 16, 2014

Dear Daughter

Dear Daughter

I may not be the best mom in the world, I may not be the mom that you dream of, I may not be the mom friend that you had wished for, but I am your mom and I swear that no one can love you more than I do.  If at times I seem to you to be too domineering, too controlling and too close for comfort, that can only mean I love you with every bit of me.

Dear Daughter

I want you to know that you should never ever let loneliness or insecurity dictate whom you love. That won't be real or satisfying. It will just be a moment of you playing with the insecurity of yourself.  It is like filling the emptiness of your life, because you think you are lonely. Find a man from a place of security and confidence so that you don't feel you need him to "complete" you, so that you can still be independent, so that you can still be happy as you.

Because I will always love you - mama

No comments: