Sunday, July 21, 2013

Barrett's Oesophagus

On the first day of Ramadan, a mail came in the post for me. It was from the hospital informing me of the pathology finding of my gastro examination. It was reported that I now have Barrett's oesophagus.

Barrett's oesophagus, sometimes called Barrett syndrome or columnar epithelium lined lower oesophagus (CELLO), refers to an abnormal change (metaplasia) in the cells of the lower portion of the esophagus. When the normal squamous epithelium lining of the esophagus is replaced by goblet cells (cells usually found lower in the gastrointestinal tract), Barrett's esophagus is diagnosed. The medical significance of Barrett esophagus is its strong association with esophageal adenocarcinoma, a particularly lethal cancer. I have an appointment to do a colonoscopy in October, but now I have been requested to bring this forward ASAP.

*smile*…… for He knows better

1 comment:

Shadi said...

You are the best darling. May God bless you and keep you safe for me and the people who love you.