Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A 380 - The Smiling Dolphin

On the way back, the least I wanted was a packed plane over a long haul flight. It was not quite so nice when we actually have to transit in Melbourne instead of flying direct from Adelaide, however, due to the fact that everything was done last minute we had no other alternative.

During the check in the counter guy told us that “you people are very lucky, as you will be flying in one of the very big planes”, well alright does not really matter to me, as long as the plane is comfortable, size really is not an issue here.

Upon entering the gate I could not help but was at awe when I saw this spectacular magnificent airplane being prepared for us. It was just beautiful, in my mind I thought it looked like a smiling dolphin, so gigantic, so modern, so so extra ordinary. I was in love at first sight.

We were on board the new double deck, wide body A 380, for real? This is the largest airliner in the world ever built. It is history to me, everything about this aircraft was just beautiful, neat and clean. The movies were the latest, the food was exquisitely presented, from the cold dish to the main dish; everything was just sumptuous, though ours was a special meal requested. Mind you even the diet coke tasted different in this smiling dolphin.

The toilet was spotless at all time, and the crew was just humming around you to make each and every one as comfortable as possible, even the captain came down to mingle with the passengers and to answer any questions with regards to the aircraft.

Smiling dolphin, will you come with me one day Schnappi? Tokma miss you.

No comments: