Monday, July 25, 2011

Heaven Is Weeping

The news of death was tremendous last week; ironically the weather was also a symbol of sadness. It is as though heaven is weeping. Every day we were showered with rain, which left us with nothing much to do but to hurdle together, buried deep in our thick blanket.

Prior to the tragic news of Norway’s massacre and the shocking death of Amy Winehouse, I had asked both hubby and my little angel on one cold evening, how would they like to die? I have asked them this question before, but it is the norm that I would like to repeat myself every now and then just to create conversation or to recall memory.

Both hubby and I decided that it would be very peaceful to die in our sleep. However, my little angel thought that it would be such a sad death to go to sleep and not wake up again, in her own perspective; she said that if you die in your sleep, you will not have the opportunity to say your goodbyes.

I responded by telling her that, that is the reason why I always kiss her goodnight and tell her that I love her before going to bed, just in case. She looked at me and said……………….. “ahhh, so that was the reason, now I will have to do the same thing every night too”. Then in her own innocence, she said “but mama, I would rather die from cancer then in my sleep, that way I will have a lot of time to say goodbye to all the people that I love.”

We can wish, we can plan, but only the Lord knows how we will exit the world. To all the victim of Norway’s massacre and to Amy Wine house too, rest in peace.

You all will be remembered for a long time to come.

No comments: