Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wantan Noodles

Monday, I was planning to catch up on the sleep that I have been so much deprived off, however, we have to take my little angel for her assessment at the hospital, and the appointed time was 0900 hours, this means that we have to leave the house by half past 8 in the morning.

I was pretty sure that I was sleep walking when we actually boarded the tram, I was so disoriented as my eyes kept falling lazy and dozing off, we arrived at the hospital 30 minutes later, by now our stomach was calling for some food, so hubby went down to get some bread, while I waited with my little angel to see the doctor.

We left the hospital about an hour later, and went straight home, as I was really not in the mood to do anything but to go to my sanctuary of peace ASAP. I can’t remember how long I slept, but
I know it was late when I finally woke up, and everyone’s tongue hanging out for food.

To the kitchen I dragged myself, and decided to cook a fast and simple dish of fried wantan noodles. This was the same dish that I had cooked for my little angel’s International evening, and it was a real hit.

Anyone interested here you go:

Ingredients: Dried wantan noodles, lots of garlic and 2 small green chili (pounded together), spring onion, mushroom, carrots (cut into thin strips), fresh shrimps (clean and devein), soya sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, vegetable oil and sesame oil.

Method: In a hot pot of water, boil the wantan noodles for 7 minutes (remove from heat, drain under cold water, and rub in some cooking oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together). Heat a large pot, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, fry the pounded ingredients for 3 minutes, add the shrimps, fry till shrimps change color, add the carrot and all the sauces, except the sesame oil. Let it boil for a few minutes, add the wantan noodles, mushroom, spring onion and sesame oil. Mix well, cook for another 5 minutes and remove from heat.

Happy trying Chef Diva………………… 

No comments: